1.02.2010

The First Post.

Since this is the first post in what I hope will become a successful and well read blog, I will start by telling you about me. It seems only right. I'm Joe , 21 years old and attended the "prestigious" Philadelphia University. I am majoring in Architectural Studies, with a focus in Construction Management. After I graduate from here I'd like to go to UPenn to receive my Masters in Architecture.I've always had a thing for writing and thought it would be interesting to write a blog. However I wasn't sure what to blog about. I first rode a fixed gear bike about a year ago. I was hooked right away. Finances kept me from buying my first fixed gear till this summer.

Just a bright orange Windsor Clockwork. It was pretty good for learning. However I was always on the look out for something "better." The bike didn't seem to fit me right so I really didn't like riding it.

On a rainy fall day I went to a swap meet in bumble fuck, PA . I was on the look out for a frame but, I really was just looking for parts to upgrade the Windsor. While at a vendors blanket I heard a guy ask how much for a black frame. I looked over and saw it was a Bianchi Pista Concept. However it looked really small. The owner didn't know the size. However when I heard him say $100 for the frame I said what the hell and bought it. It had a small dent in the top tube, I figured for $100 if it fits better then the Windsor it'll be worth it till it breaks. I scored some other awesome parts at the meet such Sugino 75 crankset for $125.
I put the bike together nervous if it would be a good fit, I hopped on and it was perfect. It would still be prefect if I had wheels on it. I just have two rims. Hopefully I can score some hubs or something.

Anyway enough about me. This will be the longest post of the blog from her on out. I going to attempt and strive to have this blog compete with the "Big Boys" such as Prolly, Locked Cog, and Zlog (My personal favorites). I am going to try and have the initive to update this everyday. I hope that I can generate some comments from the 3 people that will probably read this. If you have some pictures or something you want me to write about email me. Though this blog will be predominantly about fixed gear bikes, I will also be posting about architecture, design, music and anything else I find interesting, and think you may as well. So do me a favor and add this to your bookmarks and check back regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment